Friday, December 29, 2017

Flightless Boomerang



Objects in the mirror or something
A saying or a song you would sing
This whisky... anyways. Anyways
I was thinking today of our days

I played Nostradamus and you said
What exactly is it you dread ?
How do you know we won't work ?
Wipe that gleam in your eyes, and that dark smirk

We are just the same I said
Wont last a day if we wed
What about the nights you cried
And I became a ghost who died

I don't know, I just don't know
We will be fishes trapped in dead snow
We are meant to be, we will grow
How do you know the end at the start of our show?

Let's waste time you sang
I said something 'bout a flightless boomerang
Today, I just thought I will let you know
There was a muffled yes behind my no.



1 comment:

Anonymous said...

A decade has passed to this day,
But this force of habit won’t go away
Whatever it was,
It wasn’t just the same side of the court we played
You hoped for the next lifetime,
I just wished, in this one you stayed
Now, you’re not the same
and I’m not the same
...perhaps your ‘no’ is what had me saved.